Osteoarthritis is a joint failure that affects the human cartilage.
Causes of Osteoarthritis
Typically, osteoarthritis occurs in the knee joints which makes the bones under the cartilage rub together. When the bones rub together, it may result in swelling, knee pain and loss of mobility in the joint. This may cause the occurrence of bone spurs on joint edges. More pain and damage are caused by the breaking off and floating of some cartilages in the joint’s space. Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis anywhere in the world. Generally, most suffer from osteoarthritis of the knee. According to studies, osteoarthritis occurs slowly. The main sign of this disease is aching of joints after doing physical exercises or activities. If it is not treated immediately, it may lead to several other symptoms such as:
- Joint stiffness after sitting for a long period or getting out of bed
- Crepitus; It is the crunching sound of two bones rubbing together when performing certain action
- Bulge or aches in one or more of the joints
- Joint pain
- Extreme pain and irritation of the affected joint after certain activities
Conditions of Osteoarthritis
- Hands and Fingers; A person may experience aches, numbness and stiffness at the base of the thumb or joints of fingers.
- Hips; Osteoarthritis on hips may cause pain in the inner thigh, knees and groin. The person suffering may also experience difficulty in walking, moving and bending.
- Knees; This part of the human body serves as the weight-carrying joints and is mainly affected by osteoarthritis. People with osteoarthritis of the knees will have swollen, painful and stiff knee joints.
- Spine; May cause a person to experience neck stiffness and pain on the lower back of the body.
A Preventive Arthritis Diet Should Be Full of Anti-Inflammatory Foods
- Omega-3 fatty acids help reduce inflammation. They are found in wild-caught fish like salmon, grass-fed beef, flaxseeds, chia seeds and walnuts. Supplementation of emu oil capsules is also an excellent choice for natural essential fatty acids. Try Emu Tracks Emu Oil Capsules.
- Raw fruits and veggies are full of digestive enzymes and anti-inflammatory compounds. Some of the best include papaya and pineapple.
- Glucosamine chondroitin, or glucosamine sulfate, is effective at providing nutrients for rebuilding healthy joints and a natural remedy for bone and joint pain.
- Foods that are high in sulfur, a form of methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) that reduces joint inflammation and helps rebuild your tissues. eg. onions, garlic, asparagus and cabbage.
You can read more about Inflammation here.
Foods to Stay Away From
- Excessive sugar intake causes inflammation.
- Hydrogenated oils, soybean oil, cottonseed oil, even canola oil are inflammatory oils.
- Conventional grains like gluten, flour products and wheat products cause joint inflammation and make arthritis worse.
Getting Effective Pain Relief Naturally
Emu Oil Balm and Liniment from Emu Tracks have been widely used and reviewed on Facebook.com/NatureSanctuary. Many users apply them on to areas affected by symptoms of osteoarthritis to help them cope with the severe discomfort. If there is inflammation, emu oil is able to help combat it and even reduce any swelling conditions. The gentle heating from the different natural herbal essential ingredients like ginger, capsicum or peppers promotes blood circulation and recovery.